Friday, October 15, 2010

Pop culture's new M & M?

The big news out of Michael Costello's "Project Runway" viewing party Thursday night was his announcement after the show that he plans to star in another reality show.

The show would follow the friendship, lives and career struggles of Michael and his "Project Runway" costar Mondo Guerra -- hence the M&M.

"It's sort of like 'My Life on the D List' meets 'The Surreal Life,'" Richard Galvin, Michael's partner of seven years, said.

The idea grew out of the friendship that developed between the designers this season and the way they interact, Richard said.

"The chemistry between those two is dynamic" he said. "Michael is inside how Mondo dresses on the outside."


"Project Runway" viewers have noticed. Richard said he and Michael have heard from so many people who want to see Michael and Mondo do something together.

The M designers were in LA Thursday for pre-production taping. Their goal is to create a sort of demo of the show they want to do and to shop it around to producers.

SO I'M NOT MADAME CLEO

I love words.

I'm not deeply, maddeningly in love with words, as in I have favorite words I must somehow get into a conversation and I can't get enough of word games. I love words in the sense that I appreciate their power to provoke thought that leads to action, and the thrill I get from a beautifully crafted phrase that inspires the emotion the writer intended.

What I don't enjoy is eating my words, but I've had to choke down a few today. It turns out, I'm not psychic.

My prediction that Michael would be eliminated during this week's episode of "Project Runway," only to triumphantly return to show his collection at Fashion Week as an alternate, was a little off.

Michael was the star of the show, which explains why he had a viewing party with his supporters -- duh.

By the way, the turnout to watch the episode with Michael at Hunters Video Lounge in Palm Springs, Ca. was substantial. The room was packed. Later Michael introduced his model/friend Nikki as his special guest from New York. Mystery solved.

The judges loved his gown, which was inspired by the Statue of Liberty. Michael was the first designer on the episode to learn he was safe from elimination.

Though only three of the four remaining designers will show their collection at Lincoln Center, Michael seems to be a shoo-in. He said during our interview last week that he shows a collection there, after all.

So what happens on next week's episode? Wager, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment